The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Disclosure

Go down 
+13
koshkha
carcraig
cmh4135
Camp Freddy
tom1clare
mattygroves
Fat Bloke
Dusky
helencb
marymoose99
Sonia
Cat19
Bluebloodedscouser
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
flodombey

flodombey

Random Disclosure - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:58 am

hogsflesh wrote:
flodombey wrote:

I never thought of Harry Potter actually - I am reading a book about the Salem witch trials and it talked about how growing mandrakes was considered a sign of a witch, folklore says they scream when removed from the ground, it quite freaked me out!

I thought - according to folklore - mandrakes only grew under certain, um, very specific conditions. Which I'll bet JK Rowling doesn't mention.

Last night I dreamed that Frank Sinatra spilled someone's pint and tried to blame it on me. As I walked away, I said to whoever was with me "Frank's not a very nice guy, but what a life he's had!"

I woke up giggling.

Lol, hogsflesh you are right, I cannot imagine Rowling working in the specific conditions to which you refer although I would like to see her try! Razz
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:18 pm

hogsflesh wrote:
Last night I dreamed that Frank Sinatra spilled someone's pint and tried to blame it on me. As I walked away, I said to whoever was with me "Frank's not a very nice guy, but what a life he's had!"

I woke up giggling.

Laughing

And welcome flodombey!!
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm

RD 1: Bought our Disney tickets today, £1400 Shocked Claire wants to come but I can't see my OH being too keen (sorry Claire)

RD 2: Next door neighbours have just put a cardboard for sale sign in window. Morons.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:19 pm

RD1: I have suffered all day with a headache after enjoying too much wine with the hubby's golf group last night. Really should learn not on a school night.

RD2: I got a hospital appointment tonight, for THIS SUNDAY! I only opened the letter at 730pm when I got in so I will be a No Show as I cannot go... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:43 am

RD1 - I'm going to meet two dooyooers I've never met before (hint, they're on here).

RD2 - I'm going up with Claire.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:40 am

RD1 I am going to meet three dooyooers, but I have met one before.

RD2 We have to drive to the meeting point in a Luton Van thanks to a cock up by the rental company...! Hope it will go up the drive!
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:27 am

RD1: I have got three dooyooers coming to dinner today. Meeting two for the first time and the other for the nth time.

RD2: I have just learnt (from t'internet) how to fold a napkin in the Lady Windermere fan style.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:28 am

RD - where ARE we meeting?
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:29 am

˙˙˙uʍop ǝpısdn uǝǝɹɔs ʎɯ pǝuɹnʇ ǝʌ,ı - ᄅpɹ

˙ǝɯıʇ uı ǝɯoɥ sʇǝƃ ʎqqnɥ ƃuıɯnssɐ `sǝʇnuıɯ ގㄣ ʇnoqɐ uı s,ǝɹıɐlɔ ɹoɟ ǝsnoɥ ǝɥʇ ƃuıʌɐǝl ɯɐ ɯ,ı - ⇂pɹ
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:11 am

RD1 One of our tropical fish died !

RD2 I now glow under ultra violet light apparently..due to a mishap with a security tag.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 am

1. I just returned to my parents house from the Lake District.

2. I have two weeks to find somewhere to live when I move to Brighton or I'm living on my friends sofa.

3. The first email I read when I got bck online was from dooyoo saying that i have been reported for revenge rating Sad

4. I have so many reviews to write I don't know when I'll have time to write them!
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Sonia: revenge rating??? that's ridiculous - you are one of the fairest raters on Dooyoo! and welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Carcraig- Thank you, that's a nice thing to say. I didn't revenge rate but dooyoo said that I rated a review NU the day after the reviewer gave me a low rating. I have no idea what review I supposedly revenge rated or who the reviewer is. I know that I've been reported for revenge rating in the past and dooyoo have not acted on the report so I don't know what makes this time any different. I'm just going to keep a low profile for a bit and just rate crowned reviews...I don't want to get suspended!
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:28 am

Just reply back and give your side of the story, Sonia. The last thing I want is for Dooyoo to start acting unilaterally on rubbish/false/over-reactionary abuse reports and turn into Ciao.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am

I did. I pointed out that all of my ratings were consistent, if they look at the other reviews that I rated as NU they will find some similarities but as I don't know exactly what review it was I can't say much in my defence. I would like to be able to point out the exact reasons why I rated it as NU.
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 pm

RD1 - Just returned from said meet with three other dooyooers, two of whom I'd not met. 'twas fun!
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 am

RD1 - I was one of the other dooyooers, and had a great time - thanks!
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:24 am

RD1: I wasn't invited.

RD2: I had already met three of the four Dooyoo-ers, however, because I am fabulous.
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:29 am

RD1 - No, I think you'll find it us who are fabulous!
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:08 am

RD1: That you are all fabulous goes without saying, C.
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 am

RD 1: I am not fabulous. However, I am most excellent.

RD 2: Been to Splashworld today. It was really good up until the point we were called out after an hour and a half! Feel thoroughly robbed now.

RD 3: Studentfinance online are idiots. I like being a student again though. Felt old enrolling!
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:30 am

RD 1: My son's GCSE results today. The boy done good cheers

RD 2: Very tired.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:56 am

RD1 - I am snot. Or least I get up someone's nose.

RD2 - I am, nevertheless, fabulous.
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 am

RD 1: I am a farmville widow and I don't get the appeal! Evil or Very Mad

RD 2: DS 1 had an appeal for his preferred college today and won. cheers

RD 3: I am in a terrible mood which I am trying not to take out on everyone else. Works fault entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:47 am

RD1: My sister is having a baby!

RD2: I'm house hunting this weekend...wish me luck because it seems like I'm going to need it.

RD3: My plans to pack gradually over the week have been put hold due to the number of people who want me to do the things we do one last time before I leave so now I will spend the night before I leave being very stressed and trying to pack....make that the morning before I leave as I have promised myself to my best friend that night and she won't want to spend it packing. Anyone actually understand that sentence?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Disclosure
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Everything Else :: General Chat-
Jump to: