The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Disclosure

Go down 
+13
koshkha
carcraig
cmh4135
Camp Freddy
tom1clare
mattygroves
Fat Bloke
Dusky
helencb
marymoose99
Sonia
Cat19
Bluebloodedscouser
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am

Share the random things in your day.

RD 1: I upgraded my computer finally. It now runs quicker than a zx spectrum!

RD 2: Loving having a new forum to waste my day on.

RD 3: Finally started reading again after losing interest. Bloodheir is a cracking book.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:13 am

Just the one,it has been a quiet, non random day generally.

But I had another power cut today, this one lasted three hours. Since I moved back to UK just over a year ago, this is about the fifth time this has happened. I am wondering if this is a country wide issue these days.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 pm

I haven't experienced a power cut since i was about five years old.

Random things about my day...

1. I ordered glasses from a website today. I've never ordered glasses online before and I'm a bit nervous that they'll be totally wrong.

2. I can't imagine ever losing interest in reading but I am reading a book that's so bad that it has taken me over a week to read.

3. I had pizza for lunch. It was yummy.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Random things about my day:

1. I got the 'normal' train to work. Too tired (hungover really) to get the early one, wanted to get the late one but had left my mobile at work (on the floor next to the bin) and was a bit worried about it, and wouldn't have been able to call in to say I'd be late without my mobile.

2. The cleaners had moved my mobile phone onto my desk.

3. We don't need and cannot afford a new carpet at work, and can certainly do without the disruption especially since they'll do it at the busiest time of the year, but for some reason it looks like we're getting one - I have chosen a green carpet with a hint of blue since the walls are green, and I thought I'd give them the option to change them to blue if they ever decide to repaint them. I am so thoughtful.

On the powercut note, we have short ones occasionally...the most annoying was a couple of months ago where we had 3 within an hour right at the time I was trying to upload a review onto Ciao....each time of course my computer turned itself off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
Sonia

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:07 pm

Now that I think about in the two years I've worked in Camden we've had two HUGE power cuts. Even all of the traffic lights went.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:11 pm

We had one at work the other week at work for half an hour, all the burglar alarms outside seemed to start going off......I was hoping we might get sent home, but no such luck, the power came back.

Sorry, are we going off thread here? lol!
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:52 pm

we get regular power cuts here too, occasionally it has been all nearly all night.

I am still thinking of my random three....! I have said today there must be something in the water as we have had a day of random nutters.! ( I just cant publish them!)
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 pm

RD1: I gave my colleague my bank card to withdraw a tenner. She gave me the tenner ok but not the card back, only I never realised. I spoke to another hotel ( I work in hotels) on the way home to pay for a bottle of wine for a friend in house, only then I could not pay as no card. I said I would ring when i got home with hubby's card. Get home - Hubby apparently lost card 5 days ago and is waiting for a new one, and we did not have a card between us!!

(no pub tonight, no food all weekend.................For everythng else...............Mastercard (for the friend's wine!))

RD2: I asked hubby to see if he could book two night camping in derbyshire for anniversary (23 years since first meet). He did try but everywhere was booked up so instead have picked 5 star hotel in Manchester for tomorrow! From one extreme to the other.

RD3 I got a five page letter from the council. On the first page I explicitly didn't need any kind of planning permission OR building reg approval for a new (porous) drive by the end of the document I did...! (But I dont because we rang and checked!)
Back to top Go down
Dusky

Dusky

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:26 pm

The most random thing that happened to me today was being handed a free lime at the train station this afternoon!
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:59 pm

now that is random

unless the BRitish Lime HQ is directly above the station, in which case it is slightly less random
Back to top Go down
Fat Bloke

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 am

on my thirteenth day in a row at work.

Have no coffee left at home and need my fix.

Am burning a Cherry Blossom candle which I left on last night when I went to bed so the house smells lovelly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
mattygroves

mattygroves

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:46 am

RD1 - am not yet showered or dressed

RD2 - I am annoyed with my daughter for spending 8 days in Sicily with her boyfriend, four days at her boyfriend's house before that, and is still...at the boyfriend's. I feel like I'm running a doss house!

RD3 - my internet connection is running at the speed of a dead ox.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:04 am

Fat Bloke wrote:
on my thirteenth day in a row at work.

Have no coffee left at home and need my fix.

Am burning a Cherry Blossom candle which I left on last night when I went to bed so the house smells lovelly.

Gosh you sound like a thoroughly modern man. My husband would never think to light a cherry blossom candle. Well not unless there was a powercut after dark and he couldn't find anything else.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 am

He has a job lot of them Smile Candles that is.
Back to top Go down
Dusky

Dusky

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:28 am

helencb wrote:
now that is random

unless the BRitish Lime HQ is directly above the station, in which case it is slightly less random

It was a promotion between Gorden's jn and Schweppes's tonic water! Still a strange hing to recieve!
Back to top Go down
tom1clare

tom1clare

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:36 am

I'm putting the finishing touches to a pub quiz I'm doing at my local (not really local as its several miles away lol) tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamesbooksfilms.com
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:42 am

RD 1: I truly am husband of the year, sent OH away on a spa weekend to chill while I have to attend a family gathering. Sad

RD 2: Have had nowhere near enough sleep to compensate for the late night that is in the offing.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:30 pm

I randomly had fishfingers for lunch...thankfully for you lot I won't be reviewing them!
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:52 pm

RD1: I have jailbroken my iPhone.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:43 pm

1. I went to Buckingham Palace today and on the wayout stopped to answer some questions from someone who I assume worked for the palace. I was offended when she asked for the occupation of the main earner and then asked "what is HIS level of education?" It didn't help when she apologised and said that I didn't look old enough to be a manager.

2. 3 people asked me for directions today and surprisingly I was actually able to give them directions even though I can't leave my house without getting lost. I wonder if any of them made it to their destinations.
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:04 am

RD 1: Family meal wasn't as bad as it could have been. I was slightly pished though which always helps ease the pain.

RD 2: Off the fair with the kiddywinks this morning.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:18 am

RD1 - am going for a walk today (probably), I think in the South Downs

RD2 - I struggled to put the legs back on my trousers, and finally had to admit defeat and ask for help

RD3 - My feet are a bit of a mess, and I wonder what they'll be like when I'm done today.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:26 am

RD1 - I am planning hot dogs and a BBQ today.

RD2 - I am joining a gym.

RD3 - I am thinking of bathing the cat later. (If I can pluck up the courage)
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:44 am

Why would you bathe a cat? Doesn't it keep itself clean (ours does, thankfully - I would need full body armour to bathe her, methinks)?
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:49 am

One of my cats takes care of himself. But the other is a persian and they require daily grooming and regular baths, they can't do it themselves. He does try but is very unsuccessful.

It is a real trial, the books for Persian Cat owners would have you believe that if you do this regularly and from an early age they get used to it and even enjoy it.

This is a lie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Disclosure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Disclosure
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Everything Else :: General Chat-
Jump to: