The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Disclosure

Go down 
+13
koshkha
carcraig
cmh4135
Camp Freddy
tom1clare
mattygroves
Fat Bloke
Dusky
helencb
marymoose99
Sonia
Cat19
Bluebloodedscouser
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
mattygroves

mattygroves

Random Disclosure - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 am

No worries - I'll send one tomorrow (I've run out of gifts for today!)
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:05 am

RD1: I have no idea what you guys (Helen & MG) are talking about.....

RD2: One of our four year olds keeps insisting SHE has swine flu (normally when asked to put on her shoes or other such arduous task)

RD3: It's rained here all day and it's starting to get dark already Sad
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:15 am

RD 1: My wife went the shop three hours ago!

Rolling Eyes

RD 2: Tired and fecked off after my hour extra last night.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 am

Sonia wrote:
1. Last night I turned up for dinner with friends (that they didnt have to pay for because I was mystery shopping) only to find out that they had tickets for both of them for a show that I had suggested seeing and hadn't bothered to get me a ticket.

What b**stards - that's just SO rude. I think it might be time to take another look at the definition of 'friends' - that's a really shabby thing to do.
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am

Cat19 wrote:
RD1: Cooking roast duck lunch tomorrow.

I had that too!
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:21 am

cmh4135 wrote:
Cat19 wrote:

I had that too!

And we're having pan fried duck breast...quack.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:34 am

Give ducks a break!
I believe ducks should be fed not eaten.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:54 am

koshkha wrote:
Sonia wrote:
1. Last night I turned up for dinner with friends (that they didnt have to pay for because I was mystery shopping) only to find out that they had tickets for both of them for a show that I had suggested seeing and hadn't bothered to get me a ticket.

What b**stards - that's just SO rude. I think it might be time to take another look at the definition of 'friends' - that's a really shabby thing to do.

I did make it sound worse than it was...I suggested it and said that if it was the weekend of the 16th October then I couldn't make it and she got it mixed up, or at least that's what she claims! I was quite upset at the time, not only because I wanted to see the show but also because we were supposed to spend the night together and I ended up spending most of it alone (which isn't so bad, I like my own company).

I like duck but I gave up eating meat recently.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 am

I think you're being too nice to them - what they did was shabby and thoughtless and you have every reason to feel let down.
I'd have asked the waiters to spit in their soup Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:55 pm

LOL! You're right though. I was the one who ended up feeling guilty though when one of them started crying *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:56 pm

Sonia wrote:
LOL! You're right though. I was the one who ended up feeling guilty though when one of them started crying *sigh*

Good grief Rolling Eyes

It was a bit shabby ... but sometimes friends do let us down.

If it happens more than rarely I would start to question what the friendship is all about.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:59 pm

cmh4135 wrote:
Cat19 wrote:

I had that too!

My roast duck was lovely. The cat has turned up his nose at leftovers though. mad
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:15 pm

My duck was nice, though a wee bit underdone. Our cat wasn't all that keen on the leftovers either...
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:15 pm

I don't have a cat to give the left overs to but there were none it was that yummy!
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:39 pm

RD1 I received my renewal notice and have just saved £250 on my home insurance...by logging on to my current insurers website and taking out an identical policy. Two years to the very day after I wrote to their Head Office "Complaints dept" as I had managed to save £250 on my home insurance by logging on to their website....(I didn't check last year as I was otherwise preoccupied at renewal date...) I guess I will be penning another letter in the morning. GRR

RD2 I am working from home tomorrow morning Smile Happy Days.

RD3 I had feedback from my viewers at the weekend that they didnt like my house mainly as it didn't have a garage. Now, my house is 109 years old. It does not have a garage, it never has had a garage, it was built shortly after the car was invented, and to the best of my knowledge the particulars do not state we have a garage when we do not. And I waited in all pigging Saturday for them. GRRRR
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:51 pm

You've just reminded me that I need to phone my insurance people because they're charging me for two sets of insurance when they were supposed to change me over to student insurance...not give me additional insurance.

You've also reminded me that I planned on writing a letter to the National Trust who are insisting that it takes three months to change my address on their system. I complained by email and was told that they can't win either way, it's either too little time or too much. How exactly can it be too little?
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:33 pm

RD1: Got a promotion today. cheers

RD2: Looking forward to The Restaurant tonight. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:40 pm

congratulations..to what! You only just started Smile
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Restaurant is very funny!
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:05 pm

helencb wrote:

Was Senior Finance Manager, now Head of Finance. I forgot to ask about increasing my rate Rolling Eyes

Bluebloodedscouser wrote:
Restaurant is very funny!

Did you see the couple with the coconut and the knives. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:17 pm

I did cat! How scary!
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:36 am

RD 1 : Have 24 hours to myself this weekend as girls are off to Mum-in-laws overnight!! Very Happy

RD 2 : Don't know what to do with myself....... Shocked

(Many congrats Cat xx)
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:27 am

RD1. Having a pretty rubbish week as am not pregnant - again.

RD2. I have a hole in my shoe - going to buy some new shoes at lunchtime, so at least my foot won't get wet next time it rains.

RD3. Delivering a self-harm awareness workshop to a load of Christian Youthworkers this afternoon, and am not particularly prepared!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Cat19 wrote:
helencb wrote:

Was Senior Finance Manager, now Head of Finance. I forgot to ask about increasing my rate Rolling Eyes

Well done. I have a mental note to ask for a raise myself after my last one but i won't hold my breath!
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:44 pm

RD1 - I start my new job on Monday!
RD2 - I'm (weather permitting) doing a dry run on the bike to get there tomorrow (it's only three miles away)

RD3 - (warning - shameless plug approaching) I (now some time ago) got a third friend to join Dooyoo (sadly, only got miles for one of them - the referral link doesn't always seem to work) some time ago, and so am shamelessly plugging: http://members.dooyoo.co.uk/member/blueboxoffroad/

Thank you very much Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Disclosure
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Everything Else :: General Chat-
Jump to: