The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random Disclosure

Go down 
+13
koshkha
carcraig
cmh4135
Camp Freddy
tom1clare
mattygroves
Fat Bloke
Dusky
helencb
marymoose99
Sonia
Cat19
Bluebloodedscouser
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cat19

Cat19

Random Disclosure - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:33 am

RD1: Have to cut grass today as the gardener is ill and husband is claiming a grass allergy or something. It takes ages too as my lawn mower is rubbish. Crying or Very sad

RD2: Will be cooking lamb tagine when I have finished the garden, looking forward to that as never made it before.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 6:14 am

RD1: Hubby has cut the grass already.

RD2: I have had a shot of wheatgrass this morning..lovely Mad

RD3: I feel like going out shortly and spending loadsamoney (which I don't have....)!
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:35 am

RD 1: I can see a tiny bit fo sunshine! cheers

RD 2: I am coughing my lungs up.
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 am

RD1 - washed and dried (outside) 3 loads of washing this morning

RD2 - wondering how to make lunch from an empty cupboard and fridge

RD3 - Need to mow the lawn!
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:33 am

RD1: I have taken a duvet day as I cannot face going into work today.

RD2: I've done some shopping and now I can eat like a king for at least a week.

RD3: I'm considering spending my day off at the cinema watching GI Joe.

RD4: I'm expecting GI Joe to be pants.
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:37 am

I wish duvet days had existed when I worked!!

You just down in the dumps?
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 am

Nope. I'm in a running battle with HR over a position I've been moved into. Smile
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 am

Camp Freddy - can I ask you a personal question about your name?

Well it's not really personal since that's not really your name but you know what I mean.

I've been wondering about the origins of the name because I suspect it's supposed to be telling us something about you.

Is it an homage to the place where American presidents like to play - i.e. Camp David - or is it something to do with being a bit effeminate (which isn't how I've ever thought of you - pink balaclava maybe?
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:58 am

It's a character in the Italian Job, K, and an online name that I've used since before TD came along.

RD1: G.I. Joe was pants.
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 am

RD 1: Not surprised that G.I Joe was pants!

RD 2: Children Of Men is however, ace.

RD 3: I walked into the door frame earlier, I am such an idiot.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Camp Freddy wrote:
It's a character in the Italian Job, K, and an online name that I've used since before TD came along.

Damn. I liked my ideas better.
Back to top Go down
hogsflesh

hogsflesh

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Camp Freddy wrote:
RD1: G.I. Joe was pants.

I can heartily recommend The Hurt Locker, a film about bomb disposal guys in the Iraq war, which opens next week.

It's not a horror film!
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:36 am

RD 1: Going to register to be an NVQ Assessor today, if I can find the place!

RD 2: Baby hamster 1 of six is being rehomed today!

RD 3: The washing never ends.
Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:31 pm

RD1: tonight I have seen the house I want to buy..

(can anyone recommend an interest free bridging loan company until I sell my own!!)
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:55 am

RD 1: Huge thunderstorm this morning. I loves them!

RD 2: I feel like Michael Caine in Swarm, bloody evil wasps are everywhere at the moment.

RD 3: 7 days until my sons GCSE results and more importantly he gets "his" PS3.

RD 4: I may well have my priorities mixed up in rd3 somewhere. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 am

RD1: I went out for a dander at lunchtime and it was sunny. Then it rained and I am soaked through and sitting in an air-conditioned office. Brrrr.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:17 am

Dander? Isn't that like pet fluff or something?
Back to top Go down
flodombey

flodombey

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:27 am

RD1 - I am knackered today because I had very odd nightmares about mandrakes last night

RD2 - I am very excited as I received a 32GB ipod touch in the post today which I won in a completition the other week, I want to go home and play with it.

RD3 - This is my first posting since joining this forum, great to see all the familiar names from Dooyoo on here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:39 am

koshkha wrote:
Dander? Isn't that like pet fluff or something?

It's Norn Irish for "walk", K.

flodombey: welcome!
Back to top Go down
Bluebloodedscouser

Bluebloodedscouser

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:07 am

flodombey wrote:
RD1 - I am knackered today because I had very odd nightmares about mandrakes last night

RD2 - I am very excited as I received a 32GB ipod touch in the post today which I won in a completition the other week, I want to go home and play with it.

RD3 - This is my first posting since joining this forum, great to see all the familiar names from Dooyoo on here! Very Happy

Yay and welcome. Mandrakes as in Harry Potter (if it is I am very depressed at knowing this!)
Back to top Go down
flodombey

flodombey

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:31 am

Bluebloodedscouser wrote:
flodombey wrote:

Yay and welcome. Mandrakes as in Harry Potter (if it is I am very depressed at knowing this!)

I never thought of Harry Potter actually - I am reading a book about the Salem witch trials and it talked about how growing mandrakes was considered a sign of a witch, folklore says they scream when removed from the ground, it quite freaked me out!
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:33 am

flodombey wrote:

I never thought of Harry Potter actually - I am reading a book about the Salem witch trials and it talked about how growing mandrakes was considered a sign of a witch, folklore says they scream when removed from the ground, it quite freaked me out!

Ooh that is what they do in Harry Potter too.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:00 am

RD1: I have finally admitted to myself that I do not fully understand the tax implications around UK residency issues and employee share option schemes. I am going to have to hire an accountant Embarassed

RD2: Just taken delivery of two cases of wine. Might have to test it is OK later.

RD3: Neighbour has put his house up for sale and has just told me it is because he can no longer take the trumpet playing efforts of the kid living that side of him.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 am

Re RD1 - I used to get share options with a US-owned company I worked for. Every time I exchanged the options, the HR dept deducted the tax and paid it to the tax man. I wrote long detailed letters to one of the tax offices explaining what this money was and what it was for. This went on for ages.

Then several years later the tax office still hadn't worked out what to do with the money and gave me it all back. I think after 7 years it's mine (or something like that) so it's sitting in an account waiting to see if anyone ever figures out that they refunded several thousand quid in error.
Back to top Go down
hogsflesh

hogsflesh

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:13 am

flodombey wrote:

I thought - according to folklore - mandrakes only grew under certain, um, very specific conditions. Which I'll bet JK Rowling doesn't mention.

Last night I dreamed that Frank Sinatra spilled someone's pint and tried to blame it on me. As I walked away, I said to whoever was with me "Frank's not a very nice guy, but what a life he's had!"

I woke up giggling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Disclosure   Random Disclosure - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Disclosure
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Everything Else :: General Chat-
Jump to: