The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rapid Crownage

Go down 
+8
helencb
hogsflesh
koshkha
darkspidey
Camp Freddy
Cat19
mattygroves
tom1clare
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
helencb

helencb

Rapid Crownage - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:10 pm

yup. I know.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:10 pm

We will wait until next tuesday and see if dooyoo have a sense of humour. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:11 pm

i think they must have most days to deal with the rubbish chucked at them... What a Face
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:33 pm

T minus 12 hours.... 11:59.....
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:59 pm

you dont need to wait 12 hours. You could just ask a guide. We know already
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:55 am

you know who will crown on tuesday the day before?
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:03 am

The word is out. Could they all crown Very Happy 3 out of 4 for defs!

Last edited by darkspidey on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Direct naming of Dooyoo Members)
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 am

It does look like dooyoo have taken notice of the gathering complaints over Tuesdays speedy crowNing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 am

Ha ha Ha - if they'd crowned you would have said 'Look I'm a genius, I got it completely right, I can see into the future like Derren Brown'.

When they didn't you still manage to claim it's all down to you complaining.

You really can't lose with that attitude can you?

Even I could predict exactly how you were going to react and I don't claim to be able to see into the future.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:50 am

Hope I didnt lose you or the girls a crown today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 am

darkspidey wrote:
It does look like dooyoo have taken notice of the gathering complaints over Tuesdays speedy crowNing. Very Happy

Maybe it wasn't an issue in the first place, Phil? Honestly, you are a complete idiot... taking credit for something that wasn't even a problem in the first place.

Last edited by Camp Freddy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing "cock" to "idiot" as Phil isn't a cock really. Or Something.)
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am

It was a problem to some and its great to see dooyoo sit and look it and say, you know what, that looks bad. It had become obvious. Still we will see next tuesday!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:57 am

You have such a vivid fantasy world to live in.

I doubt that anything of the kind happened. It's not a regular occurence that people get crowned after a short time and maybe this week was just normal and last week was a bit odd.

As for it being a 'problem' there's really no reason why it should be - it's not like they don't give someone who deserves a crown one because they gave one out a week 'early' as you would see it. The review gets crowned this week or it gets done next - if that constitutes a problem then I suggest you don't have enough real things to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:01 am

darkspidey wrote:
It was a problem to some and its great to see dooyoo sit and look it and say, you know what, that looks bad. It had become obvious. Still we will see next tuesday!

It was a problem to you in your fantasy life where you are the world's greatest writer, sticking it to "the man". No-one else seems to have an issue with it and in fact the evidence you presented was flawed at best and made up at worst.

Even the OP posted an observation rather than actually making a complaint.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:44 am

I emailed them about it and they are now aware of it. Very Happy I think its fair. I cant see a problem with this. I cant take you seriously if you think its ok for a guide or any member to crown in 5 minutes on site with a couple of rates.....
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 am

I can't take you seriously if...........actually, I don't think I need to finish that sentence Laughing
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:49 am

If you think its fair then your admitting a bias is there.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm admitting no such thing.

You seem to think that 'crownage' as you call it should be a popularity contest rather than a mark of quality. If someone is nominated before dooyoo have finished giving out their silverware and if they read it and think the review is worth a crown, what possible admission of bias is there in that?

You do appear to be the only person who thinks there's anything odd or wrong in this. But you cry and holler and kick your toys out of the pram to try to get what YOU WANT done. It's pretty sad really.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Apart from Tom.
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Tom never complained... he posted an observation.

You're the one that turned it into a whole conspiracy then a whole conspiracy about guides, then promptly u-turned and said it wasn't about guides, now you're claiming a victory when there isn't even an issue.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 pm

there clearly is an issue. But it seems to have been resolved with some clever diplomacy.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:58 pm

1. Crowns are awarded on quality. If you don't get as many crowns as you'd like, that says something about the quality of your reviews, not about dooyoo.

2. I seriously doubt dooyoo take any notice of what you say. They have better things to do than listen to conspiracy drivel.

3. Crowns are not a popularity contest - the number of nominations (and indeed ratings) is irrelevant. Therefore, the time at which the review is posted has no effect on whether or not it receives a crown.

Let me repeat that slowly for the hard of thinking:
Crowns are not a popularity contest - the number of nominations (and indeed ratings) is irrelevant. Therefore, the time at which the review is posted has no effect on whether or not it receives a crown.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 pm

why have the nomination button then? . Hell, why have guides at all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Quote :
The dooyooCommunity Guides are active dooyooers who are experts in their categories and all things dooyoo. They are a great resource for new members finding their way around the site, or even for longer standing members who have specific questions about dooyoo. Guides also help us to keep an eye out for abuse on the site, reviews that have been posted in the wrong category, and of course those extra special reviews that deserve Crowns. If you have any questions about the site, how to improve your reviews, which category you should post your review in, or anything else dooyoo-related feel free to contact any of our friendly dooyooCommunity Guides.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Are you basically suggesting that people who post a review on Tuesday shouldn't be given crowns?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rapid Crownage
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Review Writing :: Dooyoo.co.uk-
Jump to: