The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rapid Crownage

Go down 
+8
helencb
hogsflesh
koshkha
darkspidey
Camp Freddy
Cat19
mattygroves
tom1clare
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
koshkha

Rapid Crownage - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:46 pm

I think he's suggesting they should be taken out and flogged in public before being dragged round the village with a board round their necks saying 'I am a sinner'.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Not on the same Tuesday no. The followng one, yes. Simple rule to give everyone an equal chance of a crown.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Very slowly now...

Crowns are not a popularity contest - the number of nominations (and indeed ratings) is irrelevant. Therefore, the time at which the review is posted has no effect on whether or not it receives a crown.[i]
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Spidey - you have never established that it makes ANY difference at all to anyone's chances of getting a crown. Cause and effect are just not established.

Go back and read what mattygroves said - she wrote it slowly so you'd be able to understand.

Nobody steals a crown from someone else by getting it early. You just don't get it do you?

It used to be common to get crowns for things you'd written sometimes several weeks ealier - next thing you'll be saying that's also unfair.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:26 pm

We need to shift the responsibility for a crown away from the guides and dooyoo and on to the members, a true democray
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Dooyoo's not a democracy. You don't get crowns because you don't produce output (by and large) that's good enough. Pure and simple.

Crowns are awarded for quality, not popularity (or infamy).

A lot of your stuff is drivel, so you don't get crowns.

End of.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Perhaps these days dooyoo are paying more attention to spelling, if people spell heroin as heroine then that could explain why they're not getting crowns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 pm

You really shouldnt know the differance young lady Wink
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 pm

You don't get it. It's not about democracy. It is not a popularity contest.

Dooyoo rewards the best reviews as judged by Dooyoo with input from guides and members.

If 1000 members nominated a review that dooyoo thought was rubbish, it wouldn't automatically get a crown.
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:42 pm

darkspidey wrote:
We need to shift the responsibility for a crown away from the guides and dooyoo and on to the members, a true democray

Why? Why would that make reviews any better, the Crowns any fairer or improve Dooyoo as a consumer resource? The members, en masse, cannot be trusted to make that kind of judgement, so it has to lie purely in Dooyoo's hands. You have admitted yourself that you don't rate less than Useful, so what makes you think you can pick out a good review to Crown? Christ, you only have to look at the newest reviews list to see how much over-rating goes on by so-called "popular" members. Ever wondered why they're popular? Is it because they don't give out those valuable rates that cowards and freeloaders don't give?

Dooyoo give out the Crowns. They run the site. I think that works pretty damned well, Phil. If you're concerned about your favourite reviews (written by others not yourself. natch) not being Crowned, maybe you'd like to consider that Dooyoo simply doesn't trust what you have to say? If you're really that bothered, then perhaps you'd change your Dooyoo actions so your opinions or arguments become worthy of attention? That you haven't done so in 9-odd years of Dooyoo membership (when you haven't been kicked off for fraud or bullying or racism etc.) indicates to me that you're just on the site for money and to cause trouble.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:52 pm

marymoose99 wrote:
Perhaps these days dooyoo are paying more attention to spelling, if people spell heroin as heroine then that could explain why they're not getting crowns.

***Splutters and Spills tea*** priceless Mary. That's got me in stitches. Been a long day.

I can't even react to the rest of the thread...well I could but I can't type any slower than Matty already did and if I did it would be wasting my...err..breath.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:20 pm

Well then this thread has well indeed made the guides redundent then. :
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:56 pm

great I could do with a bit of unpaid leave Laughing
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:07 pm

We will see who crowns next Tuesday
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:06 am

true, we will, just as every Tuesday. Am I missing something?!
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:53 am

a crown by the looks Wink
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:55 am

darkspidey wrote:
Well then this thread has well indeed made the guides redundent then. :

You honestly believe that the guides' sole purpose is to nominate crowns?

Anyway, I asked you direct questions yesterday at 10:42 pm. Answer me, please.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:14 am

next tuesday. debate closed.i think im about to get thrown off dear boy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:24 am

Not before time, Phil. I've reported you enough times for exactly that - not replying to posts directed at you.

And this was never a debate, Phil. This was a series of random comments made by you... the rest of the people on this thread had a nice chat though.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:27 am

off topic
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:28 am

AND IM NOT PHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:34 am

Reported for off-topic posting.

And chinny reckon, Phil.

Rapid Crownage - Page 5 11JimmyHill
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 4:32 am

off topic. your spoling the site with your ego. And your name is Phillip not mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rapid Crownage
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Review Writing :: Dooyoo.co.uk-
Jump to: