The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dooyoo member pictures

Go down 
+5
helencb
marymoose99
mummy2harry
Sonia
Cat19
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cat19

Cat19

Dooyoo member pictures Empty
PostSubject: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:00 am

It seems like quite a lot of people are irritated by the member picture rules which means people cannot be the featured member in the green box or on dooyoo lovers and I wonder if it should be reconsidered.

I think dooyoo loves thing is not really aimed at members, I believe it is there to show non members that we are human beings writing and it really doesn't do much as it flicks through so quickly, still it seems like many memebrs would like to see themselves on there. I always thought the green box thing was more for members though and to exclude some people from this seems a bit harsh to me.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:20 pm

I agree. I understand why you have to have a member picture on dooyoo loves but if the green box is aimed at members (I don't know if it is) then I don't see why photo's are necessary. We all know that the reviews are written by real people, we don't need the photo's.
I will not be putting my photo on dooyoo because I don't want to be identified if anyone i know is reading dooyoo but I'm also not bothered if I'm never in the green box or on dooyoo loves.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:24 pm

I have only spotted myself once on dooyoo loves. I wonder if the green box increases reads. I've never been in it myself so to speak, but I don't tend to rush off to that person's profile, although I might have done once or twice.

I think there are a lot of people that would just like a bit of recognition though. I was quite pleased when I was told I would be in the dooyoo team's circle of friends that week and it is same kind of thing.

Last edited by Cat19 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dodgy keyboard - keep missing letters out)
Back to top Go down
mummy2harry

mummy2harry

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:37 pm

I've been in the green box over a weekend so longer than most, and I didn't get any extra reads really, 3 or 4 perhaps but nothing major. I've also spotted myself several times in the Dooyoo loves thing, but I hate that box so I'm not bothered.

I wish they'd get rid of it and bring back the old member info box with the new reviews/products links, it was much nicer that way Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicklitreviews.com
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:12 pm

I agree. At first I thought it was a nice way to be alerted to members who I hadn't read before. Then I noticed people being loved for 100 VU's when they had more SU's.
Back to top Go down
mummy2harry

mummy2harry

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 pm

Sonia wrote:
I agree. At first I thought it was a nice way to be alerted to members who I hadn't read before. Then I noticed people being loved for 100 VU's when they had more SU's.

And that is exactly what is wrong with the system. It's flawed and hopeless. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.chicklitreviews.com
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:39 pm

I quite fancy being in the green box, maybe now my profile pic's a close up of me rather than me and a moose, maybe I'll be there!

But I do agree m2h, it is flawed and hopeless!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:42 pm

i am at 98 U ratings and am wondering if I will be featured when i hit 100..I have never been in it either...sob sob
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:43 pm

mummy2harry wrote:
Sonia wrote:

And that is exactly what is wrong with the system. It's flawed and hopeless. Shocked

LOL

it is like one of those reward systems you do for your kids..
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:48 am

I like the basic premise of the Dooyoo Loves... feature, but I hate what they're rewarding. I'd far rather see people rewarded for good Dooyoo-ing - honest rating, good quality writing, quality commenting, reporting bugs, reporting abuse etc.
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 3:23 pm

I agree but I imagine that would take a lot more effort.
Back to top Go down
hogsflesh

hogsflesh

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:06 am

Is the argument that a non-member will automatically regard reviews written by people with photos as more reliable, then? Even when, say, presented with a crown winning review by someone with a non-photo and a churned out 150 word load of old rubbish from someone with a photo?

Generally when surfing the web I regard people who use photos as less relaible than people who use other avatars - they seem less web savvy, and therefore less likely to know what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:16 am

I just don't think that a member picture is reflective of a member's quality, so large groups of really good Dooyoo members are ignored in favour of those that want to put their own picture up. I'd far rather see a system that equally embraces all members that have done enough to be included.

As far as the current Dooyoo Loves system is concerned, it's getting more like Ciao and that, IMO, is a very bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 6:42 am

Camp Freddy wrote:
I like the basic premise of the Dooyoo Loves... feature, but I hate what they're rewarding. I'd far rather see people rewarded for good Dooyoo-ing - honest rating, good quality writing, quality commenting, reporting bugs, reporting abuse etc.

It is autmoated at the moment though, don't think you could automate that kind of thing so would need complete process re-engineering.
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:52 am

No, but couldn't you slip in the odd member who's done something great but not really that measurable? Crown of the day people, perhaps, though that IS measurable. Perhaps someone uncovered a clocking cartel or several speed raters? These people can be inserted into the queue for a couple of days. Dooyoo Loves people that report genuine abuse, right?
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 am

For the first time I see that dooyoo love me......I did notice that dooyoo had visited my profile the other day, they must ahve read my message for them! So clearly they've now added me to the automated system.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

It's nice to be loved! Smile
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:13 pm

they dont love me
Back to top Go down
SWSt

SWSt

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Or me. Mind you, I think my recent rant on Frustrations with Dooyoo might have had me blackballed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoo member pictures   Dooyoo member pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Dooyoo member pictures
Page 1 of 1