The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
marymoose99

marymoose99

Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... Empty
PostSubject: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 am

1. Saying "Sorry, I've run out of Es" or something similar - if I think a review is Exceptional and have run out of Es (as I sometimes do if I have a load of alerts to get through) then I make a point of coming back and giving them an E when I do have one.

2. People making pointless comments such as "well reviewed" or "good review" - I know that I am slightly guilty such as leaving pointless comments when I leave an E (since Ciao seems to want us to by bringing the comment screen up), or when I say I'll be back with an E (I do this simply to remind myself when I look at my comments of who I need to give an E to).

I can understand newer members doing it for the community points (and think I was probably guilty when chasing that pretty purple dot), however it seems to be members with orange and above dots who are the worst culprits!

There will be more......

My God, could I have got the word "I" into my post any more than I just did (?)....I must be in a very "me me me" mood!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 am

Lulz! I think I could easily do a "100 things that people do on Ciao that annoy me..." and still have some spare!

That first one would be one of my top ten pet Ciao peeves.

I tend to think that my comments are of decent enough quality, but when I have to fill in a comment because my rating differs from "the norm", then I find myself just getting silly.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:22 am

Don't 1 and 2 contradict a bit there Mary...? Laughing
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:27 am

Yes they do Helen slightly, but I'm in an arsey mood and I don't care!
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

PostSubject: Re: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:52 pm

The first one has always been a bugbear of mine and I swear it's getting worse. From a personal stance, I struggle to find one E a day, or even a week, let alone 5. I guess the argument there would be we all have different opinions, but I would of course disagree with even that. I'm sure a few years ago there weren't nearly as many overall exceptional (and I say that loosely) reviews, these days they are ten a penny as a result of over rating.

A combination of points 1 and 2 is even worse and equally as plentiful it seems these days. i.e. Nice review have an E...that one REALLY gets me !

A classic example of point 2 was on a recent review I read where the member had really opnened their heart about a particularly distressing and upsetting situation in the Cafe section, it was a really heartfelt and sad read and someone had left a comment "REally enjoyable review ! Whislt I am not a fan of 'open heart' reviews like this I found the comment to be in very bad taste and clearly indicative of skimming !
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:54 pm

or some people take pleasure in reading other people's hard news stories....lol.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:33 am

If I have 100 review alerts to get through I can easily find more than 5 which deserve an E, because the alerts come from those whose writing I enjoy!

I remember the review you're talking about in the Cafe...that was pretty terrible, the person clearly hadn't read the review at all, just glanced at the length and clicked on the E button....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....   Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Things that people do that annoy me on Ciao....
Page 1 of 1