The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boating Holidays

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
helencb

helencb

Boating Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Boating Holidays   Boating Holidays EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Anyone been on a boating holiday? And can you recommend? On the Broads, that is.

trying to decide where to go next year, late April/early May and this idea keeps cropping up for a few years now

I have hit "posh boats" and am rather taken with them...trouble is it is £2K a week for a boat which is a lot for two people. But the standard has been set... Razz
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

Boating Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boating Holidays   Boating Holidays EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:15 pm

helencb wrote:
Anyone been on a boating holiday? And can you recommend? On the Broads, that is.

trying to decide where to go next year, late April/early May and this idea keeps cropping up for a few years now

I have hit "posh boats" and am rather taken with them...trouble is it is £2K a week for a boat which is a lot for two people. But the standard has been set... Razz

Good timing. Wink

Never been on such a holiday sorry.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Boating Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boating Holidays   Boating Holidays EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I've done a boating holiday on the Broads, many, many years ago. A couple of points to keep in mind...

whoever you go with, you will get to know REALLY well (yes, even the husband) - make sure you're happy to be in close quarters with those folk for the duration. Even the biggest boat is still small.

Also, we went for two weeks; a week would have been enough - although we'd been married only a year or two at that point, we'd had enough.

And consider the weather - no guarantees it would be good.

On the upside, I saw a part of the country I'd never seen, we met some nice people, and the scenery was lovely (and we fed lots of ducklings - it was late spring or early summer).

If I had it to do over, I'd prefer to do a boating holiday where there was an aim in mind - to get somewhere, or to go to a festival, and combine the two.

Your call!
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

Boating Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boating Holidays   Boating Holidays EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 am

Have you considered a land-based holiday with a day launch included. We did this 4 summers ago - had a cottage on the banks and then a day boat that came with. You were kind of limited in boating to where you could get to and back in a day (but it was quite a way if you pick the right part of the Broads). And, if the weather is crap, you have the car and a house to hand!
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

Boating Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boating Holidays   Boating Holidays EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 pm

thanks for the tips guys. Not considered the land based option but will have a look. Definitely wont be sharing with others though....I would go demented - have done that in a static caravan type in Europe before now, with a close friend, but it is stressful!!. Had a very quick look at other areas than the broads, even quite tempted with Thames etc...although I havent researched that option properly either. Just in, from 'work' as it were so going to be doing a bit more digging tonight. 'PoshBoats' ticks all my boxes, except price unfortunately!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boating Holidays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boating Holidays   Boating Holidays Empty

Back to top Go down

Boating Holidays
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Everything Else :: General Chat-
Jump to: