The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
darkspidey

Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? Empty
PostSubject: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:26 pm

He reckons he can predict the numbers for wednesday draw, live on C4. How will he do it, apart from a slight delay, which seems obvious, kniwing how lame his act has got of late.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 am

Tonight, 10:15pm C4..GET YOUR BALS OUT GIRLS!
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:31 am

Isn't the draw at about 8pm. Reckon I could say what the numbers are at 10.15pm too.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 pm

I dont know how it works...maybe hes picking saturdays?
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:35 pm

There is a 3 SECOND delay between TV and radio, that I do know, so thats how he may do it.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:19 pm

So did anyone watch it (I didn't)?
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:24 pm

I did. He predicted the correct numbers as we watched the live BBC draw. But the catch was he showed us the balls after the live draw, but wasnt anywhere near them, both he an dthe balls in clear view. Its a hell of a lot of combinatios to cover os the balls must have been digitally generated.
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:52 am

Must have been?

Slight of hand, probably. Some trickery involved, almost certainly, but the balls must have been digitally generated? Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:54 am

I didn't see it....was it not explained at the end how he did it then, like it was with the horse racing one he did?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 am

The balls we saw on screen were blank and he replaced them with the winning balls somehow once they were announced.Maybe.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

TALK ABOUT DRAGGING IT OUT.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Oh yeah, they were supposed to tell us around now, weren't they?
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Im none the wiser. Something to do with chance. If 400 people guess the weight of a bull and write it on some paper, then we add all those suggestions up, we get the actual and exact weight of the bull on the avergae, bull being the operative word here.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:14 am

That is rubbish. No way would that produce the correct numbers, well other than the one in 40 million chance that anybody has. Could he really not come up with something better than that.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:36 am

nope! rubbish hour of tv.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:06 am

I watched it and was pretty disappointed. Nothing was explained at all!
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:26 am

iT WAS A SPLIT SCREEN TV TRICK IF YOU ASK ME.THE WINNING BALLS PLACED THERE AND THEN 'CUT IN' THROUGH TV TRICKERY. THE GUY IS NO LONGER TV WORTHY.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:17 am

I think you could be right with the split screen...I noticed that the camera was moving around a lot too, it wasn't steady - this might have had something to do with it. Perhaps Derren acting as though he was nervous might have had something to do with something (!), it might have diverted our attention from something!!!

I seem to like the word "something"!
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:36 am

He wanted you to look at him and flick over to BBC1 at certain moments. I stared at the balls and there were slight flicks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?   Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..? Empty

Back to top Go down

Derren Brown predicts lottery numbers..?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Everything Else :: General Chat-
Jump to: