The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:47 am

I've had review of the month twice I think. If it added more than 3 reads in total I'd be surprised - and you don't get a penny more for the honour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hogsflesh

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:01 am

Cat19 wrote:
hogsflesh wrote:
I was once put in the green box without asking to be put there, so it's not all self-promotion. Maybe they choose people when there are no members stepping forward.

(Choosing me was a mistake as I don't have a photo.)

Good lord, is that not your photo?

It's a computer generated thing based on my photo. I like it because it looks kind of like me but not completely. Dooyoo obviously also thought it was a photo.

I think (could be wrong) that when they first introduced the green box thing they said anyone could be eligible and they should get in touch with dooyooteam to be considered. Obviously this has lapsed, as I never asked and it isn't advertised in that way anymore.

My one review of the month got more reads than most of my reviews. But then, it was of a film most people have heard of, and those reviews tend to do better than some of the others I post. I don't think being in the green box got me any extra reads, but I did get a few sarcastic messages from other members.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:43 am

I'm in the green box on the right hand side, have been for several days (so hope it's not me being slagged off here)....I think it's just because I changed my profile picture so it's mainly my face. I haven't approached dooyoo asking to be in the box, although I did write it on my profile, so think they might have picked it up from there!

I don't really see what's wrong with people wanting their reviews to be read more?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
SWSt

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:58 am

I'm certainly not having a go at you Mary - or anyone who appears in the green box. Nor do I have any problem with people wanting to have their reviews read more.

My problem is the requirement to have a personal photograph of yourself before you're eligible to be included. I'm waiting for someone to convince me of any link between the presence of a photograph and the quality of the review.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:57 am

I do agree with you, I don't see the need for a photo either!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:20 am

Maybe its about the next stage of dooyoo, the internet the new celebrity, the best reviewers on the countrys best consumer opinion website becoming influencial. Who would have thought Jade Goody and Big Brother winners would be relevent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:57 am

What?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:47 am

over your head near your baldy patch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am

FFS. You jump around, spouting off ideas that are half-baked. You don't reply to direct questions and then come back to threads to post more half-baked ideas that are seemingly unrelated to your previous posts.

Is it really too much to ask that you reply to people and post thoughtful comments, not just throw out half-assed nonsensical posts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:35 am

WHat on earth are you on about? I dont know who you are what you want to pick a fight for but I dont have time to waste with you, your member pic suggesting you speak Klingon in your bedroom Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 am

At last. A direct response to a post directed at you. You know what I'm talking about, Phil. You've been asked direct questions on various threads and you don't reply to them, instead posting stuff that's barely on-topic at best and complete nonsense at worst. Even in this thread you post throwaway comments/questions and then never address them again, then return and post yet more guff.

It's not an unreasonable request that you actually respond to posts with a bit of thought and give a bit of your own opinion rather than sign in and post whatever guff is at the forefront of your mind at the time or simply quote statistics as "opinion".

P.S. Sorry Mods.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:04 pm

My name is not 'Phil' and I dont reply to people of minimal intelligence as I may appear patronising to them. If you dont agree with my ideas and theory then move on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..   

Back to top Go down

Dooyoos celebrated reviewers..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2