The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For Dooyoo's attention

Go down 
+3
hogsflesh
mattygroves
Camp Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

For Dooyoo's attention Empty
PostSubject: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:35 am

Can this be made a sticky please?

I have an idea that perhaps Guides can pass on things to Dooyoo that we notice around the site. Nothing serious... just misplaced topics or strange looking categories etc.

An example and the first one:

"tips-and-guides-to-online-surfing"
"Online Competition Tips..."
"Tips and Hints for e-mail user"
"General Web Design Tips"

These are all in Internet, but shouldn't these be Speaker's Corner categories?
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Those have now been mentioned to Dooyoo - watch this space.
Back to top Go down
hogsflesh

hogsflesh

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Well I see they've changed the suggestions page, and I like the 'delete' function.

However, if the name of the product is limited to 50 characters, could it either not let you enter more characters than that, or perhaps tell you that you've gone over before you've hit 'submit'?

Also, it's not clear which fields are obligatory and which aren't (easy enough to figure out by trial and error, but would look better if it told us - are picture links obligatory for instance?)
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:25 am

I think it would be good if updated reviews could be moved to the top of our review lists - as it stands (IMHO) there's not really any incentive to improve and update old reviews as no members will ever read the updated versions.

I hated it when on Ciao there was that time (was it about 6 months) where updated reviews didn't get moved to the top of the list - made it difficult for me since I like to chase 100 member reads on Ciao....
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:27 am

The blood red killer of the demon vampire killers lost crypt of the evil monster eating giant spider killers.lol. Thats 50 words!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:32 am

No actually that sentence has 19 words.

Not that it's actually a sentence - just a string of words.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:34 am

marymoose99 wrote:
I think it would be good if updated reviews could be moved to the top of our review lists - as it stands (IMHO) there's not really any incentive to improve and update old reviews as no members will ever read the updated versions.

I get the odd read of older reviews, I expect these are "genuine" somebody researching a product type of read. I suppose dooyoo would say the incentive is that there is no payment unless there is an update in the last six months.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:37 am

It just seems pointless updating a review if only 1 or 2 people will read it....
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:41 am

I think it's pretty pointless updating them FULL STOP.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:43 am

I think most reviews don't actually require updating. If I review a hotel or restaurant, I won't have an update six months on. Unless I revisit it I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Dooyoo's attention   For Dooyoo's attention Empty

Back to top Go down

For Dooyoo's attention
Page 1 of 1