The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rapid Crownage

Go down 
+8
helencb
hogsflesh
koshkha
darkspidey
Camp Freddy
Cat19
mattygroves
tom1clare
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cat19

Cat19

Rapid Crownage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 am

mattygroves wrote:
hogsflesh wrote:
I expect the guides were busy with their secret midnight guide meeting in a graveyard in Paris. From memory, this is about the time of year guides have to sacrifice a goat on the altar of Mendes. If they don't, their magic powers fade and they stop being able to block people from winning the crowns they deserve.

Damn it Hoggy - you were sworn to secrecy! Now everyone will want to be guides. Next you'll be giving away what we wear to our secret meeting.

The annual midnight goat sacrificing ceremony is in fact one of the main reasons I resigned from guiding. I found the outfits a little restrictive and uncomfortable to be honest.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 6:39 am

Not wishing to rub it in, but I posted mid-morning (after I thought the crowns were already out) and got one. Ha ha ha. Must be some kind of conspiracy. Those bottles of Aldi Brown-Ale that I sent to all the guides must have done the trick! lol!
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:02 am

"The annual midnight goat sacrificing ceremony is in fact one of the main reasons I resigned from guiding".

I have a Muslim friend that I havent seen for about three years but she would be offended by that so can we not put things up like that here.

Last edited by Cat19 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To remove offensive comments about other people's writing.)
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 am

In the unlikely event that you really do have a friend (muslim or otherwise) why should she (even more unlikely) be offended by a comment about sacrificing a goat?

Animal sacrifice is a characteristic of many current and past religions and was standard behaviour in the Old Testament (and quite possibly the new one too), ancient Greece, Rome and probably Persia - all long before the time of Mohammed so why would you imagine this comment would offend a Muslim?

If I say your reviews are 'turkeys' can I be accused of offending Christians who like to eat Turkey at Christmas? Or if I were to describe someone as ' a bit of a dick' would I be offending all religions and nations (USA for example) that favour circumcision?
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 am

koshkha wrote:
If I say your reviews are 'turkeys' can I be accused of offending Christians who like to eat Turkey at Christmas? Or if I were to describe someone as ' a bit of a dick' would I be offending all religions and nations (USA for example) that favour circumcision?

lol!
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:50 am

It depends whether you feel thts fair or not Koshka. Better work maybe on site that didnt crown.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 am

A guide did in fact crown with exactly zero reads today, almost as if dooyoo were tapping their fingers waiting for him / her to post up. I think thats all the proof you need that the crown system is somewhat flawed. Its hard to argue against that today. But Im sure you will try.[/i]

Last edited by Cat19 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to remove reference to a specific person and review.)
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:26 am

I have edited the above post as we do not refer to specific people or reviews on this forum. I have otherwise left it intact as it may be of interest to some.

I am curious, how do you know the review got crowned when it had zero reads. You would have to be monitoring extremely closely to pick such a thing up would you not.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:45 am

I read TomIClares post here and checked his theory out this morning. I saw his or her review go up at about 10:52am and it crowned with little or no rates, the last crown warded today, fully 14 minutes after the penultimate one.

Last edited by Cat19 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to remove reference to a specific guide)
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:29 pm

So it didn't crown with zero reads then. It is not the first time I have seen or heard of a review getting crowned with only a few reads, if it is nominated it will be looked at by dooyoo.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 pm

I doubt is it was nominated when they were awarding the crowns. I will keep an eye out next week and if a pattern forms will write about it on dooyoo to let everyone know. Could just be an anomily..
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Wow! Hold the front page.
Surely the fact that I am not a guide and I also got a crown on a review posted mid-morning blows your theory out of the water.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:43 pm

ah but you bribed the guides Koshka.

Thanks for the Ale. Don't know if I read the review that got crowned but if I had I am more likely to crown nom if bribed with wine not ale though...just for future info drunken
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:05 pm

I suspect writing on five forums dominated by dooyoo guides and cosying up to them helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:08 pm

Well I'm in Belgium at the moment - chocolates anyone?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:10 pm

darkspidey wrote:
I suspect writing on five forums dominated by dooyoo guides and cosying up to them helps Very Happy

Are you referring to me?
If so, name those five forums. I - like the majority of people on here - am a member of two.
And show me any evidence of 'cosying up'.

Or just do the manly thing and retract your stupid allegation.
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

darkspidey wrote:
I suspect writing on five forums dominated by dooyoo guides and cosying up to them helps Rapid Crownage - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Or maybe it really is as simple as writing good reviews and getting a nomination just around the same time that Dooyoo are looking through the week's nominations for reviews to Crown?

Occam's Razor, Phil.

Last edited by Camp Freddy on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 pm

I didnt think there were five live dooyoo forums/.....................? I only frequent the one.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Or maybe it really is as simple as wiring good reviews and getting a nomination just around the same time that Dooyoo are looking through the week's nominations for reviews to Crown

Ther plot thickens..

Somone take Koshkas passport off her in Belguim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:30 pm

That's not a plot , that's the simplest and therefore most likely solution. It's not even the timing of the review that's important but rather the timing of the nomination.

And could you please learn how to properly quote someone?

Last edited by Cat19 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to remove offensive name calling.)
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:32 pm

if you were "someone" I would. Reported for abusive language.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 pm

I never noticed anybody cosying up to me when I used to be a guide. And if I had, I would have found it rather off-putting.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:10 am

koshkha wrote:

I'm horribly offended, Koskhka, and demand you retract that statement right now

Laughing
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:27 am

Cat is cool. And nice to cosy up to. Its the older ones that are bossy and condescending to younger members that annoys me.
Back to top Go down
darkspidey

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Tuesday-First rating 10:49, crowned 10;53. Its the thread discussion Kosh. Is 4 minutes enough for even dooyoo to read it? Its a good read to be fair but Im just pointing out we should have a period of time a review is live for it to be crowned to make it 100% fair sunny . Again a certain guide of a certain section recieved a crown at 10:42. But get this, the first rate is at 10;52? That person was the guide in that section. Again, good review, but did dooyoo even read it to crown it? A list of crown noms under reviews would work much better. The irony is that dooyoos push to make the site more transparent has made it even foggier... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rapid Crownage   Rapid Crownage - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rapid Crownage
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Review Writing :: Dooyoo.co.uk-
Jump to: