The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggestions and Feedback

Go down 
+7
koshkha
cmh4135
carcraig
mattygroves
Cat19
helencb
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Suggestions and Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 am

We're a new site, so we want to make this a place where you want to come, visit and take part and, most importantly, enjoy yourselves.

Do you have something to say about our forums? Would you like more or less of them? What about the themes we use? Would you like to see us use a different one? Do you want to help us provide information? Feel free to give us all your suggestions and feedback here.

If you're interested in a new theme for the forum, take a look at this place: http://en.hitskin.com/

Find a theme for phpBB3 that you liike and send us the link!
Back to top Go down
https://reviewers.forumotion.net
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:44 pm

*Fetches Sunglasses* Nice Green alien
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:45 pm

It is a bit bright, but it'll do until we can settle on a final theme that everyone (or most people) likes.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 pm

no this is better, it was lime green a minute ago..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:49 pm

I agree. Lime green was a bit too much (and doesn't do anything for secret browsing at work).
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 pm

quite

although I only ever do that when working from home, and connected via my own network... Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:36 am

I do like this one, much easier to read than all the blue.

thumbup
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:04 am

Me too! Now can we get a quick reply box at the bottom?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:12 am

Quick Reply should now be enabled.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:13 am

Yay.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:47 am

No big deal, but would it be possible to have that pop up box when a new PM is received?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:23 am

I think that's something that each user configures themselves, Cat. You should find the option in your User Profile. If not, get back to me and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm not being picky but I got the following message when I was posting on the forum

"A new message has just been added while you write it your."

scratch
Back to top Go down
cmh4135

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:56 pm

ooh - I got that on DL too - it just lets you see whether you want to modify your response in the light of the response that was posted while you were writing! I think it a great feature!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:22 pm

carcraig wrote:
I'm not being picky but I got the following message when I was posting on the forum

scratch

I'm guessing your point is not what the message means, more about how grammatically crap it is. Is that correct?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Yes. Sadly our host's native tongue is not English, so I think there are a few unintentionally humorous messages in there.
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 am

koshkha wrote:
carcraig wrote:

scratch

I'm guessing your point is not what the message means, more about how grammatically crap it is. Is that correct?

I thought one of those Indonesian Ciao.com interlopers had invaded the forum Shocked

But, yes, I got the general gist of the message.......
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 am

Can we have a "Mark all posts as unread" feature please? I thought this was usually a standard with phpBB message boards, but I don't see anything obvious that will do this.
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 am

Camp Freddy wrote:
Can we have a "Mark all posts as unread" feature please? I thought this was usually a standard with phpBB message boards, but I don't see anything obvious that will do this.

There is a mark as read feature - why would anyone want to mark all posts as unread?
Back to top Go down
Camp Freddy

Camp Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 am

Cos there are some threads I've no interest in, so I come along, read the ones I want to read then I want to mark the rest as read. Probably me being a pedant more than anything else, but there you go! Wink
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 am

So you want to mark them as read. Not unread (per your first post).

There is an option, you have to click on the section first e.g. dooyoo.co.uk, then if you go below all the individual threads a the top of the next box there is a "mark all topics as read" option. Well there is for me, but I am not sure if it looks different because I am a mod.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:48 am

Seems to me it would just be easier to ignore them.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:26 am

I like to mark as read even when I ignore stuff.

It's that sense of completeness Laughing
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

helencb wrote:
I like to mark as read even when I ignore stuff.

It's that sense of completeness Laughing

Me too!
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:51 am

Cat19 wrote:
So you want to mark them as read. Not unread (per your first post).

There is an option, you have to click on the section first e.g. dooyoo.co.uk, then if you go below all the individual threads a the top of the next box there is a "mark all topics as read" option. Well there is for me, but I am not sure if it looks different because I am a mod.

I have that function too so I guess we all do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions and Feedback   Suggestions and Feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions and Feedback
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next