The Reviewer's Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Reviewer's Room

A place to discuss consumer review writing aimed at the UK-based opinion sites such as Dooyoo

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?

Go down 
+4
helencb
Cat19
marymoose99
koshkha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
koshkha

Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm

OK, it goes against all I hold dear but after another shortlisted member spammed me to vote for her in Igougos annual travel writing awards, I figured that playing 'British' wouldn't do me any good at all.

I've been shortlisted for two Igougo.com awards - New Member of the year and 'The Road Less Travelled' award.
If any kind soul would like to vote for me, it doesn't seem as if you even have to be a member. Oh how silly is that.

Anyway, if everyone else is going to do it I guess I'd better join in.

VOTE FOR ME! at http://www.igougo.com/ugoawards/

I absolutely won't go on Question Time, don't support the Ku Klux Clan or want any foreigners to go home, have never cheated on my expenses and always pay my taxes on time.
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

marymoose99

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:27 am

Will go and do so now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sis-cumbria.co.uk
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:36 am

Thanks Mooselady!
Back to top Go down
Cat19

Cat19

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 am

Your wish is my command Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:55 am

Thanks Cat-lady

It sounds like a collection of animal-world superheroes.
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:01 pm

I did it yesterda y:)

boring username I am afraid though...
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks Superhelen hero lady.

OK, it's not as good as Catwoman or Moosegirl.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:41 pm

Done - consider yourself voted for!
Back to top Go down
SWSt

SWSt

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Also done. Although if you win, I will demand full disclosure of your expenses account to make sure you are not buying duck houses!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:41 pm

I like ducks a lot. If I had a duck pond I would want them to have a house but would probably get my hubby to build one out of an old pallet or something like that.

Is that OK?
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:45 pm

koshkha wrote:
I like ducks a lot....

There's good eating on a duck....(ducks!)
Back to top Go down
helencb

helencb

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:18 pm

koshkha wrote:
I like ducks a lot. If I had a duck pond I would want them to have a house but would probably get my hubby to build one out of an old pallet or something like that.

Is that OK?

I think we will have to have an enquiry, which I estimated will cost about £8million. For starters, your spouse is not allowed to work with you under the new rules
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Well THAT shouldn't be a problem!
Back to top Go down
SWSt

SWSt

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Besides, I'm hurt. I don't appear to have been admitted to the Legion of Dooyoo Superheroes along with Mooselady, Cat-Lady and SuperHelen Hero Lady. That's blatant sexism which, under the rules of this forum is forbidden.

Honestly, you'll be wanting to be President of Dooyoo next or something Laughing
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Jeez, it's not an easy user name to work with.

Thanks Super Swizzy Stickman.
Back to top Go down
SWSt

SWSt

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Hey! Now that's impressive. I thought you'd go for the obvious Monkey Boy!

I'll bet you're sorry you started this thread now, aren't you? We're really making you work for these votes. Just goes to show - blatant self-promotion doesn't work in the long run!
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:52 am

koshkha wrote:
Jeez, it's not an easy user name to work with.

Thanks Super Swizzy Stickman.

Where's mine then Sad ?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:25 am

Well you are obviously the Dragonlady but you might not have taken that as the compliment that was intended.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 am

koshkha wrote:
Well you are obviously the Dragonlady but you might not have taken that as the compliment that was intended.

I do, actually - I do!
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:07 am

Consider yourself voted for!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:01 pm

Cheers - do I need a superhero name for you too?........arggggghhhhh - this is getting tricky.
Back to top Go down
carcraig

carcraig

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:00 pm

Nah, you're all right...... I don't really fancy having to wear my pants on top of my tights.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sonia

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:39 pm

I had already voted for you before reading this thread but would really like to be a superhero...do we get special powers or just a superhero name?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:28 am

SuperSonic Sonia - sorry I was away and missed your mail.

I strongly suspect that you already have superpowers - I think if I gave you any extra ones the world might possibly tip off its access.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?   Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone object to a bit of shameless self promotion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviewer's Room :: Review Writing :: Review Writing in General-
Jump to: